I have been ready for spring since December 26. I love the sun and warmth so much, I frequently forget to be grateful for the here and now – right in the middle of cold and snow.
So here’s a visual reminder for myself, and anyone else who has a countdown until the first day of spring (33 days!) – the Creator really did give us something to be in awe of during these days. Right here. Right now. Under all this snow.
Here are my 14 reasons why winter isn’t so bad!
1. New friends.
2. Snow white blankets hide a multitude of imperfections.
4. Sticks look better with a little frosting.
5. Flying friends get special treats.
6. Blackberry leaves wear a new accessory.
7.Strawberries get tucked in for the season.
8. We get a preview of upcoming garlic.
9. Live thrives amid the coldest times.
10. The detail is mesmerizing.
11. It brings a new perspective.
12. The sunshine still finds its way through.
13. The garden gets a well-deserved slumber.
14. Tears are suspended for a few moments.
“The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.” -Psalm 19:1-3